Saturday 18 June 2011

don't pry pry

I had this wild idea of incorporating facebook into my teaching…and so I did.

I was so excited to introduce this method of assessment via facebook to my students and decided to introduce it in my next lecture.

I went to my class and was horrified to find another lecturer using the room that I was supposed to be lectured in.

He explained to me that his original lecture room’s computer was broken so he had to illegally bring his student into mine.

I had to reason with the lecturer that I could not let him use my classroom for I need to use the computer too and he instructed his entire class to another lecture room.

As his students was leaving the lecture room…the last few Chinese female students saw me opening the facebook homepage.

…and they said, in full Mandarin: 
“yeerrr you see you see…she asks us to leave just so she can open her fb and play fb…so selfish ler…”
others added: “people like this also got…trouble other people only…huh…”

I stood up, straightened my cotton baju kurung, turned to them and said, in full Mandarin also ha…
"Sorry ya, the facebook account that I am opening right now is an account for student to access because I have instructed them to do something for their coursework here inside this facebook account so I do not deliberately chase you all out just so I can access the facebook account for my own personal entertainment. Please do not misunderstand ok.”

No blood on their face.

“…oh…ok ok…” nodding their head incessantly.

Don’t pry pry with me you know…




No comments:

Post a Comment