Saturday 18 June 2011

lempeng black

this happened years ago…but talking about it still brings laughter.

I’m the kicap queen. I like to eat kicap with almost e-ve-ry-thing.

Nasi lemak
Tempe
Nasi with any lauk
Roti canai (yes, roti canai)

So, that morning, my mom was making lempeng for breakfast…
so you’ve guessed it right…I ate it with kicap as well…nyum nyum…

We ate and chatted. 
Then my nephew woke up and sat with us at the table. He was then…no more than 5 I think…

My mom asked him…
“Harris nak makan tak?”
“nak…”
so my mom handed him a plate of lempeng.
“tak nak yang ni nek…nak yang lain…nak yang black…”

O_o

“ape nyer yang balck long?”
“ntah…lempeng nil ah kot nak yang black…”
“lempeng black macam mana…tak tau nenek der…”
“ntah la ma…”

my mom was trying her best to come out with a lempeng black.
She tried overcooked it a bit…hanguskan sikit…still…
Harris said…
“tak nak…ma…nak yang black…”
“ni black la ni…” my sister pointing at the slightly burnt lempeng.
“bukan yang ni…nak yang black…yang black macam mummy tu…” little finger pointing at me as I was shoving my dripped-in-kicap lempeng into my mouth…


No comments:

Post a Comment